top of page

Catholic Daily Quotes

Public·97 members
Seraphim Yefimov
Seraphim Yefimov

Buy Fischer Skis

Beginners and World Cup skiers, touring skiers and racers, small and large, young and old: They all find the right Fischer skis at XSPO. The manufacturer offers a comprehensive product range for all demands, and promises 100% top quality in technology and workmanship.

buy fischer skis

The traditional Austrian brand Fischer is one of the world's largest ski manufacturers. In terms of performance and workmanship, Fischer skis continue to set new standards in alpine skiing. The numerous World Cup skiers who rely on the manufacturer's technologies continually crown their label with top sporting performances. But of course also for amateurs Fischer offers the right slats from its comprehensive range.

Fischer skis have developed coordinated technologies for every performance level and terrain. With the help of the filter in our ski shop you will find your way through the wide range of offers as a matter of course and to the individually tailored selection for you. The detailed product descriptions will help you to choose the right ski for your needs from the filter selection and simply buy it online.

Fischer continuously develops its ski technologies to remain as successful as they currently are. So you can be sure that their Fischer skis are technologically state of the art. Whether wood core, Carbon Tech or Air Tec - Fischer uses the appropriate technology for the individually right ski, helping you to achieve top performance!

The company was founded in 1924 by Josef Fischer Sr., a cartwright, in Ried im Innkreis, northeast of Salzburg, Austria. In addition to making wagons, he made an occasional pair of skis. By 1938,[1] the company had significantly expanded its ski manufacturing, with 30 employees, and sales of handmade skis in the United States reached 2,000 pairs. Following the conclusion of World War II, Josef Fischer Jr. became involved in the reconstruction of the company.

In 1949, Fischer developed the first ski press to speed up production, which was still by hand. By 1958,[1] the company employed 137 craftsmen, and was manufacturing 53,000 pairs of skis annually. In that year, Fischer adopted its three-triangle logo. In 1964, the company completed a new factory on the outskirts of town, featuring a state-of-the-art computerized sawmill. Fischer also introduced metal skis for the first time, on which Egon Zimmerman won the downhill at the 1964 Winter Olympics. By 1967, the company had 775 employees, and produced 330,000 pairs of skis.The company's research efforts over the years include skis for racing, including alpine skiing, cross-country skiing, and skis for attempting the world speed record.[2]

In the early 70s, Fischer became the biggest ski manufacturer in the world.[1] The Europa 77, with its fibre-glass technology, was revolutionary. This was the foundation to capture the Scandinavian market. Franz Klammer won the Olympics in 1976 on Fischer C4 skis. In 1988, Fischer opened the factory in Mukachevo, Ukraine.

It all started as early as 1924 in Ried im Innkreis (Austrian county in Oberösterreich), when the wainwright assistant Josef Fischer started to craft skis on a self-employed basis. Until his death in 1959, Fischers ski factory had already produced 500.000 pairs of skis. Within the next few decades, due to many innovative ideas and entrepreneurial verve, Josef Fischer jr. grows the corporation to a global player. The biggest ski factory in the world is established and great successes in racing add to Fischers amazing reputation.

The list of those, who have achieved global success on Fischer skis is as long as it is illustrious. It reflects more than half of a century of a perfect interplay between world class athletes and world class materials. The first of this illustrious bunch was Egon Zimmerman, who managed to win an Olympic gold medal in 1964 on Fischer skis.

There is a plethora of current examples for Fischers innovative power. In the realms of alpine skiing, ski touring, and cross-country skiing, the leadership position is basically challenged on a daily basis. Yet, Fischer prevails. For example, there is the revolutionary Fischer Twin Skin Technology for cross-country skiers. Mohair skin strips under the skis, in the skis center, create a ski which is wax-free in its center, especially suited for hard and icy conditions.

The North American ski market, in recent history, has emphasized mass and width, resulting in a selection of products that is generally wider and heavier than we deem necessary. At OutdoorGearLab, we are thankful to see narrower and lighter skis making a comeback. This Hannibal is a classic all-conditions touring ski with contemporary materials and a nod to modern dimensions. Fischer gets the skis so light by keeping them narrow and thin, somewhat compromising durability and ski performance. They integrate just enough carbon fiber to stiffen the ride and then bring proper alpine ski technology to the overall package.

Backcountry skiing is becoming a big business. Historically, alpine ski manufacturers made backcountry skis that skied well but were heavy, while the touring brands made skis that were light but didn't descend well. This Fischer model marks a departure from that norm, joining truly innovative lightweight construction with downhill pedigree. We'll say it again: the weight of the Hannibal 96 is perfect. On our calibrated scale, the pair of tested 176cm Hannibal 96 weighs 2550 grams. That's 5.6 lbs for the pair, or 1275 grams per ski.

All skis we used were fun in powder. Our test roster varied in waist width by a few dozen millimeters, and we have used even bigger and even smaller skis in perfect powder snow. The widespread opinion holds that wider is better for powder. True, one can go faster on wide skis in powder.

And one can make turns on lower-angled slopes with wider skis. But when it is truly excellent, all modern skis are amazing in powder snow. If the powder is perfect, we would often rather be able to bust out extra laps with lightweight, narrow skis than be worn out by lugging the big guns up those same fluffy slopes. We issued the Hannibal 96 to a tester for what proved to be a spectacular end to a gnarly recent Mountain West drought. That tester skinned up as literally two feet of snow fell throughout the day. All "common convention" might have suggested that the Hannibal 96 would be too narrow to enjoy on the downhill in such deep conditions, but that was decidedly not the case; this tester had a great time!

In poor snow, width, mass, and construction matter the most. Bigger, more rockered skis ride better when the going gets breakable or sloppy. To make a narrow ski perform adequately in the tough stuff is a more difficult task. We will not sugar coat it; the Hannibal did not perform as well in the chop as bigger and/or more sophisticated skis.

What the Hannibal did, though, was get us through the inevitable bad snow with style. More than with most of the skis we reviewed, we were able to ski through poor snow with low-energy parallel turns. The edges grabbed minimally, the tips stayed up and out of the crust, and the tails followed where we intended to go. We cannot say that these charge the poor snow like a bigger tool would, but we can say that they do better than mere survival.

Fitting cross country skis is different then fitting alpine skis. Instead of fitting the ski by height, the skis that we carry are fit by weight. Check the charts below to see which size you need. Still have questions? Don't hesitate to give us a call at (877) 812-6710 and let us help you.

Hi Frank! It sounds to me like you should stay away from metal in your skis, so Camox makes sense, or check out Elan Ripstick 96 Black for similar feel and stability to metal, but lighter and more manageable. Ranger and Serpo require more work due to the metal, and if you're using for touring at all, I think it's okay to look to the lighter skis. Hope that helps!SE

Reason I ask: I'm looking mostly for a ski to rail turns on groomers when it hasn't snowed in a while but also want to take it into bumps and off piste into the trees or chutes as I just can't ski groomers all day unless I'm on dedicated race skis. I read that the 99Ti could be a bit of a handful in bumps or tight spaces. So wondering if the Ranger 92Ti is a bit softer so better in bumps and tight spaces. A bit about me may help your response for what I'm looking for...I'm 56 years old; 6' and 175 lbs. Expert Skier (grew up in VT) but have been in Northern CA for last 30+ years. Ski mostly Tahoe; but travel at least 1x a year to SLC or Rockies. Ski 30+ days / year. Other skis I use for when conditions are warranted: Atomic Backland 102 (188cm); Rossignol Super 7 (188cm); Nordica Patron (185cm); Line Sir Francis Bacon (185cm - mounted tele). The ski this will take the place of generally is Line Prophet 98. I like the poppiness of the Prophet 98 but the twin tip tails don't hold as well for railing groomer turns and although they have that H shape metal matrix they are sill a bit stiff for bumps late in the day. FWIW - I've had Mantra's and sold those for the Prophets. The Mantra's were more work in bumps, plowed through crud better, but weren't as poppy. Hopefully this give you a good idea of what I'm looking for. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page