top of page

Questions and Answers

Public·30 members

Carter White
Carter White

The Beach Girls

Two college girls, Ducky and Ginger, meet their naive friend, Sarah, at a Southern California beach house. The house belongs to Sarah's uncle and to their luck has allowed them to use his house for the summer while he is gone. Soon after Ducky and Ginger arrive, the two plan the first of many wild parties, but not without some resistance from Sarah. The two continue the plans for more partying including inviting assorted misfits, delivery persons, and people just passing by. Eventually, Sarah's resistance fades and she joins in on the wild parties.[3]

The Beach Girls

Though most reviews took easy pot shots at this low-brow comedy fare, Linda Gross wrote in The Los Angeles Times that the film is a "cheery, unpretentious, youth exploitation midsummer's sex fantasy with excellent production values."[4] Among other reviews, one stated, "frankly, the film's only saleable attractions are those of the leading actresses--and I would certainly hesitate to call them actresses. In summary, The Beach Girls attacks the senses like a beached whale that's been deteriorating in the sun for 24 hours."[5] Another review noted that "for all the nudity, prancing bodies, and overtures to hedonism, there is surprisingly little outright sex in the film."[6] The Kansas City Star said the movie "enjoys the dubious distinction of being a worse comedy than Porky's, a feat this reviewer considered virtual impossible."[7]

Young Richard Lindsay (Arnold Lessing) has given up his career in science in favor of his newfound passion, surfing on the Santa Monica, California beachfront. The beachfront is located near his father and stepmother's house, where he lives. This is to the great displeasure of his father, the noted oceanographer Dr. Otto Lindsay (Jon Hall), who is married to the younger Vicky (Sue Casey). Vicky is dissatisfied with Otto's relative lack of devotion to her. Also living with the Lindsays is Richard's sculptor buddy Mark (Walker Edmiston), who walks with a limp as a result of an auto accident Richard had earlier.

While Vicky hits on her stepson and teases his friend Mark, a monster emerges from the ocean and starts slaughtering the kids on the beach. Dr. Lindsay seems convinced that it is a genetically mutated carnivorous South American "fantigua fish" that has grown large enough in anthropomorphic manner to exist out of the oceans in a loathsome seaweed-shrouded form.

A set for the in demand beach tumbler! These are perfect for the newbies! You will receive 5 different colors of glitter to achieve this fun look! You will get Dead Calm, a 2 oz. dark blue ultra fine glitter, The Island, a 2 oz. turquoise blue ultra fine glitter, Rivers Edge, a 1 oz. light aqua ultra fine glitter, Sphinx, a 1 oz. gold ultra fine glitter, and Star Wars: the Empire Strikes Back, a 1/2 oz. white ultra fine glitter. These can be interchangeable with other glitter colors, if you would prefer a different color than the one chosen. Just drop me a note when ordering, I will confirm for you that I have received your request and that it is in stock.

Ladies and Gentlemen, give it up for our SHB 14U Bad News Bears!! They earned a 3rd place finish at the 2022 Central "B" District Championship Tournament. South Huntington Beach Girls Fast Pitch Softball is very proud of all of our athletes and coaches who will be competing this weekend in Lancaster, CA for a shot at the USA Softball B State Championship!! Best of luck this weekend girls!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, give it up for our SHB 8U Warriors!! South Huntington Beach Girls Fast Pitch Softball is very proud of all of our athletes and coaches who competed this 4th of July weekend in Lancaster, CA for a shot at the USA Softball C State Championship. Way to go girls!!!

South Huntington Beach Girls Fastpitch Softball (South HB) is a non-profit recreation softball league that serves girls ages 5 through 14 residing in Huntington Beach, Fountain Valley, Costa Mesa, Newport Beach and surrounding communities. We provide a safe, first class recreational softball program to all girls interested in fastpitch softball.

After Lucy sets off Gru alongside two minions Carl and Nick. Gru successfully lands on the ship stolen by Balthazar Bratt but the minions land on a beach in Miami, on top of two men trying to flirt with them. The Beach girls get interested in the minions instead and later join them in a large beach party. The large beach party is named Shaka Hut.

School is out, and three girls head to the beach for vacation. Two of the girls are world-wise party-goers who attempt to loosen up their naive, virginal friend, whose uncle has allowed the girls to stay at his beach house. When the near-sighted, drug smuggling Captain Bly dumps his cargo of marijuana, the bales wash up on shore. The two party girls, Ginger and Ducky, quickly stuff the dope into giant bags and spirit it back to the beach house, where it fuels a party with assorted misfits, delivery persons, and passersby.

Sarah, Ducky and Ginger are spending some time at Sarah's uncle's house by the beach. Sarah's just a big ol' prude, but Ducky and Ginger are going to show her how to loosen up and have fun by throwing a never-ending series of parties, which draw the attention of their pervy neighbor, an overzealous Coast Guard captain, and Uncle Carl himself! Maybe even soon-to-be Aunt Julie!

This is a very down-the-middle version of a summer beach sex comedy. There's a couple of familiar faces that pop up throughout, but it's mostly the sort of movie that's on its way out of your head the moment the image on the screen fades.

Three girls go to a beach house for the summer and end up throwing a never-ending party. That's pretty much the movie. Lots of nudity, drugs, dancing, sauna-ing, and more nudity. Pretty fun if you turn off your brain.

This one started off OK. We meet a bunch of people. They live by the beach. One of them doesn't party as much as the others. Whatever. Then, suddenly, it became more or less one long party. At that point, I really got into it. I didn't really know who the characters were. They never quite stuck with me. For example, one of the gals goes through a transformation of sorts. I thought she was actually two different characters until the very end when I realized what had happened. However, when I let the film carry me away with naughty shenanigans, I was loving it.

On March 19, 140 girls in grades 5 through 8 participated in the first in-person Beach Girls Rock! (BGR!) event at the ODU Virginia Beach Center, where University faculty and students exposed them to potential careers in STEM.

"We know that is an age range in which girls begin to feel intimidated and turn away from those fields before they even get to high school," said Renée Olander, associate vice president for ODU's regional higher education centers. "We are igniting the passion, igniting the fire and letting them see role models, including our women engineers and 20 nursing students who volunteered. They were exposed to so much that will help them imagine their futures."

After a rousing welcome from Big Blue and a lesson in ODU's "Ice Cream and Cake" dance, the girls attended fun, interactive sessions on psychology, speech-language pathology, cybersecurity, physics, biology, engineering, nursing and MonarchTeach, which prepares aspiring math and science teachers.

Participants who chose the nursing-focused sessions toured the facility's state-of-the-art classrooms, including the School of Nursing's high-tech spaces, such as the telehealth room and human simulation and clinical skills labs. The girls learned how infections spread, practiced tying tourniquets and donned stroke suits and glasses to experience medical challenges from a patient's point of view. Each girl left with a stethoscope "to continue to hone their skills," said Lynn Wiles, associate professor of nursing.

Raúl Briceño, an assistant professor of physics, praised the girls' engagement and focus during his session. "I was very much impressed by how sharp and driven these young ladies were," he said. "Despite it being early on a Saturday morning, they were eager to talk about the Big Bang, the formation and evolution of stars, the creation of the building blocks of life and black holes."

The girls were able to see entrepreneurship in action during a keynote address from Isyss Anderson and Faith Jenkins, Virginia Beach high school students who founded Bloom, a nonprofit dedicated to increasing the number of Black women in STEM. They have developed a curriculum around planning for the future. The attendees also heard from Taylor Brunke, a recent ODU graduate in nursing.

"Some of these things may not be top-of-mind for these little girls," said Nakia Madry-Smith, director of the ODU Peninsula Center and an organizer of the event. "It's important to expose them to some of these opportunities, show them a university building or a lab, and help them see themselves in the staff and faculty of ODU. They can see the potential of what they can be and what they can do."

Located midway between Panama City Beach, FL and New Orleans, LA on a 32-mile stretch of white sand beach on the Gulf Coast, Orange Beach is an upscale sister to neighboring Gulf Shores. If you are flying in (it is worth it, trust me), you will want to fly into either Pensacola, FL or Mobile, AL. Pensacola is a little closer at 45 minutes away versus 1.5 hours from Mobile.

During my first visit, I stayed at the Caribe Resort in Orange Beach. These luxury condo rentals are spacious and gorgeous. There are also many amenities on site, including indoor and outdoor pools with water slides and a splash pad, a lazy river, a complimentary marina, an on-site restaurant, hot tubs, putting greens, Bocce ball, basketball and tennis courts, and other entertainment. The only downside is that it is not beachfront.

The next time around I stayed at Crystal Tower in Gulf Shores, which was fine if you are on a budget, but not nearly as luxurious. We did enjoy the beachfront access and walkability to local restaurants though. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

Schroon Lake Community Church,  1088 Rt. 9, Schroon Lake, NY 12870  |  schroonchurch1@gmail.com  |  Tel: 518-532-7272

©2023 by SCHROON LAKE COMMUNITY CHURCH. Proudly created with Wix.com

bottom of page